Ads 468x60px

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Meet Abbie & Sydney . . .

Abbie (11), me, and Sydney (8)
Today was a long day, but I'm so glad I got to spend some time with my sister and nieces. It was only fitting that you all meet them today since I spent so much time with them and today's picture word is "loud"**. Loud describes them both rather well.


Abbie excited about all the Bears gear she got for Christmas (age 11).
They are both very outgoing girls and keep their mom busy running them from one thing to another constantly. I don't know how Amy does it because they always need to be in 5 places at once.

When they were babies, my mom babysat them, so they were always around. I loved those days. I was able to see them every day and I miss that. Life got busy and we all got involved in things. Now that I'm done with school, I hope to spend much more time with them and all of our family.

Most of this meet & greet will just be pictures. I just found a bundle of old pictures of them and used my phone to take pictures [of the pictures]. Boy do they bring back memories.




Sydney (8) & Abbie (11)




I think this progression of three pictures sums them up pretty well. Picture one: frustrated with each other. Picture two: Syd in her own little world and Ab saw a squirrel is distracted or annoyed. Picture three: say cheese!!
 

Every time I'm around them, I learn that I probably shouldn't have a daughter. Abbie is nearly my clone. She definitely has my attitude, it's crazy! They say that your kids are the revenge for what you put your own parents through. If my niece has my attitude, can you imagine what my own offspring will be blessed with someday?! I'm not sure I can handle it.

For example, tonight we were standing by the vehicle trying to figure out where we were going to have supper. Ab was determined she was going to have Purple Cherry. Amy said "We're not having ice cream for supper," very calmly. Ab turned to get in the vehicle while loudly informing us "It's not ice cream, it's YOGURT!!", got in the vehicle and slammed the door. I look at Amy and said "I'm sorry...she's so me...!" Over supper when I was explaining to Ab how much like me she is and told that story that had just happened, we were all in tears laughing so hard about it. She's not a brat - they're both amazing young women - she just definitely has my attitude!!

 
Syd, my mom, and Ab




 We had a great time at our wedding reception and Syd wanted to be the life of the party. She was constantly wanting me to dance with her. :) ♥






Ab (on right) with her friend before their first
semi-formal Middle School dance.


Syd (on right) with a friend after their school
vocal performance.



Syd & I bowling.
Syd being obnoxious at King Tower.


Syd got her black belt!!

Syd & I at Abbie's volleyball tournament today!

Syd and Ab dressed up for Halloween (2011).
Sy was a hobo and Ab was the devil.

Helping Syd with piano at their house.
Ab serving at the Vball tourney today.

Go Abbie!!
SOMEBODY (Ab) found Aunt Jenna's thong! (2004)


Ab (2002...?) in a sexy red leather jumper.

Abbie (2004 or '05) - we shoulda seen
the attitude coming!! ;)

Abbie & Sydney (2005)

Syd & Ab at the zoo.

Sisterly love!


All Syd needed for entertainment was a wash cloth! (2004)

Ta da!
Abbie visiting me while I was cheering! (2003...?)

Ab was also easy to entertain...she liked to sit in buckets!


Ab, me, & Syd (2004)

Coool dude!! (Syd)


Ab & Syd visiting Aunt Jenna at U of Iowa.



**Numerous pictures in today's post qualify for Day 10's word of "loud".

1 comments:

Kenz said...

I remember when Abbie was BORN...wow I feel old...

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text