 |
Wes & I at our wedding reception.
08.13.11 |
As you can see from the picture above
(or any picture of me, really), I have ridiculously straight, thin hair. I also lack a hair "style" - because I'm
lazy low maintenance. I'm constantly debating between getting "bangs", chopping my hair off, getting layers, etc. I'm pretty stubborn. Once I decide I want something
(especially when it comes to my hair), I am impatient and want it
now. That may explain why I've had very short hair, orange hair, etc. Almost immediately after all of these decisions, though, I regret it. They're all too high maintenance. I shower at night and wake up one hour before I have to be clocked in at work. I don't like mornings. I just don't. This means I don't allow myself time to "get prettied up." I hope that someday I'll want to spend more time on my appearance and look all fancy. :) Until then, though...the most I do to my hair in the morning is straighten it
(to get the kinks out that sleep will do to ya).
For the last year I have been mentally debating getting a perm. My hair has no body... I thought maybe a perm would bring it to life. That scares me, though, because that means styling it...gel, mousse, etc. Also, I'd probably have to wake up earlier to shower in the morning for decent results. No thanks! So, in January I got some color
(blonde & red stripes) and layers added. I hoped that the layers would help take the lifelessness out...but it didn't. Maybe I need choppy layers...? I don't know. I'm a far cry from an expert.
Anyway, after all of that rambling...
I found such a quick and effective way to get some "oomph" and curl to my hair - with
NO work.
 |
| The simple pony tail that adds volume & curls to my hair. |
As soon as I got out of the shower the other night, I threw a pick through my hair and whipped it into a messy pony tail/bun as shown above. I sprayed liberally with hair spray.
 |
| My friend. |
Then........I went to bed. Yes....that's all I did. In the morning, I took the pony tail out and sprayed it. I did not touch it with a comb, pick, or brush. I threw the front up with a bobby pin ... sprayed a little more hair spray for good measure, and was out the door. Here are the results.
I was rather surprised and
very pleased with the results. Very minimal effort with rewarding results. I'm sure it varies with hair types, but I hope you can use it to find a rewarding method for your own hair.
What hair tips do you have? I definitely need them!!
 |
| Day 5: "smile"I like to doodle....... |
0 comments:
Post a Comment