Today the hubs & I are heading to Iowa City for a BBQ with some of his work friends.
(I'm also hoping to stop and get some maternity clothes and belly bands while we're in town. I've decided I hate Marshalltown - our closest shopping area - as they don't have crap for maternity clothes, belly bands OR Red Vines!!!!)
(I'm also hoping to stop and get some maternity clothes and belly bands while we're in town. I've decided I hate Marshalltown - our closest shopping area - as they don't have crap for maternity clothes, belly bands OR Red Vines!!!!)
The BBQ is going to be featuring fajitas, rice, pinto beans, chips, and guacamole! True to my nature, I'm bringing on the sweets!! I've had this recipe pinned for months and drooling over it. When I was browsing through my Sweet Treats board I came across the perfect recipe!
(Pardon the poor picture quality - I had to use my phone.)
Sopapilla Cheesecake!!
The recipe couldn't be easier and let me tell you something...
...my kitchen smells amazing!!
(Maybe I should make them again when I show the house...ha!)
First, press a roll of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9x13. I did this on a sheet of wax paper first so I could spread them just a little bit thinner to fit the bottom. You don't need to roll it out much, though.
Next, combine 2 (8oz) blocks of softened cream cheese (Take the time to soften them...you'll appreciate not having the battle with the hard cream cheese like I did...) with 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.
Spread that mixture over the crescent rolls in the pan. Press out another roll of crescent rolls like previous and lay over the cream cheese mixture.
Next, melt 1/4 cup butter and mix cinnamon and sugar to put on top.
Drizzle the butter on top of the crescent rolls and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
(Look at those pools of butter...how can you go wrong?!)
(Look at those pools of butter...how can you go wrong?!)
Bake for 20-30 minutes @ 350º.
See that cream cheese peaking out in that picture to the right? I can't wait to try these!!!!
Serve them at room temperature...which hopefully works well with our hour drive to the BBQ!
Serve them at room temperature...which hopefully works well with our hour drive to the BBQ!
Stay tuned to find out how amazing it tastes...I'll be sure to let you know!











0 comments:
Post a Comment