Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Amazing Recipe Success . . .

Happy Sunday, everyone.  Today brings me into the last week of this dreaded Advanced Accounting II class I am currently in and I have so much to do.  None of which I've done so far (and it's 1pm) now do I feel the motivation to start anytime soon.  So, instead...I turn to food!

A friend of mine posted a great recipe on our Two Scoops of Love and a Dash of Goodness Facebook page.  It's a page a great friend of mine and I started to share recipes, tips, tricks, and questions.  We have a forum for everyone to post their great recipes on, and there was a new recipe I noticed this last week that really caught my eye.  Garlic Meatball Biscuits.  Wow.  Doesn't that just sound amazing?  I know, right?!  I only modified it slightly and it turned out amazing!

First of all, I lined a 8x8 cake pan with aluminum foil and sprayed it.  I can't believe I haven't ALWAYS been doing this because the clean up afterwards (or lack thereof) is amazing!!  A+ for no cleanup!

Then I got the assembly line going.  The recipe called for meatballs, string cheese, and biscuits.  I picked up some frozen meatballs at Aldi's Thursday before class, knowing it was inevitable that this recipe would be made at some point this weekend.  Instead of string cheese I thought I'd give that spreadable cheese a try.

I'm sure you've all heard of Laughing Cow cheese.  I know a few people who say it's amazing, so I thought I'd pick up the off-brand choice at Aldi's and give it a try instead of the string cheese.  (In the end, though amazing, the meatballs didn't have oozy cheese; next time I will give the string cheese a try.)

So first you take your Grand's Flaky Layers biscuits and divide them in half layer wise (height wise).  Next, the recipe said to cut the meatballs in half.  These meatballs were already pretty small, so I left them whole.  I'm glad I did, too.  Then put in the cheese...

...and wrap 'em up.  Seal them and put them sealed side down in your baking dish.

Continue.  I got quite the little assembly line going for myself and it went really quick!

They're all assembled and ready for garnishing.

That's right!  Parm, garlic, and Italian Seasoning.  Yummmmmo!!

Sprinkle those three ingredients on and pop em in a 375º oven for 20 minutes.

While they are baking away, warm up some sauce.  I chose to just use some Ragu since we have a great deal of it due to a 10/$10 sale a while ago.  This particular one was Special Garden Sauce...mmmm mmm!

When they came out I was salivating.  Oh. Em. Gee.  Look at these babies!!  I didn't put any butter on them (don't think I hadn't thought about it, though), but I swear there was butter bubbling up through the cracks.  They looked amazing.  Wes complimented their appearance and said they were restaurant quality.

Serve with warm sauce of your choice.

Here's what the inside looks like.  Mmmmm!  Like I said, next time I will try string cheese to see if that will add some more ooooozy-ness to them, though they are AMAZING the way they are!!

I sure hope you all try these - you won't be disappointed!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, I couldn't resist.  I forced Wes to open a Christmas present today.  About a month ago, Skyrim and MW3 (video games that have been much anticipated in the Beck househould) came out in the same week.  Being the responsible husband he is, Wes just bought Skyrim.  So, on Thanksgiving day, Pamida had MW3 on sale.  I picked it up and wrapped it (inside of a pizza box, to disquise the size and shape), and put it under the tree once Wes set it up this week.  Today, I couldn't take it any longer.  I made him open it.  It was great because I had stuffed the pizza box with newspapers so he thought it was a gag gift.  After looking over the papers and reading them a bit, he thought I had pulled a fast one on him.  Then he peeked back in the box to see MW3.  It was priceless.  ♥

1 comments:

Kenz said...

why do you never have pictures to document these priceless moments? Then again I never do either... Beau wants Skyrim BAD. I think I might break down and get it for him for Christmas as his bag is pretty pathetic. Love the plates ;) and I really should try this recipe!

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text