skip to main |
skip to sidebar
15//A Day In The Life
" A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day - this could be "a photo an hour" if you'd like)"
If I would have been real cool organized, I would have taken the pictures yesterday to document my day so that I could have posted this before 8pm. Oops.
My alarm was set for 6:45am, but it rarely goes off, because Lincoln is awake before then.
5:50am...After letting him fuss for a few minutes, I give up and go in Lincoln's room. I turn his lamp on and give him his monkey blanket/toy. That entertains him while I go take a shower. After getting dress I come check on him. This picture has both my babies. Awww!
This is where my shoes sat most of the day. I have wide feet, so squeezing them into these was rather painful. I have since put a text into my niece that she can have them. Not worth the pain.
[How old am I that my niece can fit in my shoes...?!]

11:30am...I stayed in for lunch today since I had to leave early for Lincoln's 6 month well child appointment. As I was warming up my Healthy Choice Four Cheese Marinara Ziti, I realized that I, of course, was wearing a white shirt. Ugh! I have exactly 2 white shirts to my name because I am so paranoid that I am going to stain them. So, I grabbed a paper towel and tucked it into the neckline of my shirt. Problem solved. I made it through lunch spill free!
[...until I picked Lincoln up to comfort him after his shots and the blood from the pokes got on my shirt. Doh!]
Lincoln is all dressed up and happy...little does he know where he's going...
Such a happy baby! Heading into the doctor's office!

[Left] Waiting for the nurse to come in to give him the shots. Still oblivious to the pain coming.
[Right] After the shots. He cried as they happened and for the first 30 seconds I was holding him, and then was good to go. He's such a trooper.
6pm...Silly shots can't get Lincoln down!! We gave him a dose of Tylenol just to be safe; he took it so well!
Putting him to bed was a little more challenging than usual.
Shots + Teething [she spotted 4 teeth he's working on] = Bad Mood Bear!
I'm not going to lie. After about 10 minutes of him crying while I tried rocking him and walking/bouncing him around his room, I laid him in his crib, walked out, and shut the door. He was so tired and just wouldn't give in. I changed out of my work clothes and then went back in, refreshed, to give it another go. We sat back in the rocker and he was still crying. After holding him tight for a minute his cries became more spread out and then he gave in. His face was so peaceful and his hands were clasped together under his chin. It was a precious look and moment and looking at him made up for the grump he had been for the 15 minutes prior. He's a trooper.
6 month well child stats:
Height: 28.5" (97.32%)
Weight: 18lb 8oz (60.76%)
Head Circumference: 17.24" (54.89%)
These numbers are compared to a term baby, too. Not even preemie stats. Preemie, my ass. He's a growing thriving boy!!
1 comments:
I had forgotten that he even WAS a preemie!! He's LONG. Declan was really long for a while but has leveled out bow to 50%, except that he's a skinny mini. He's got little rolls but is really lean underneath.
And he's so happy on the changing table!
Post a Comment